- Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Practice Managers
- Location: Remote/Home Office
- Job Type: Full time/Salaried
- Estimated travel required: 50-75%
The Director of Operations will support multiple hospitals and will strive to identify synergies and foster alignment to achieve and sustain operational excellence. This leader will collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Inspire leadership team and Blue Heron Operational Coaches to ensure that operational goals, staffing and productivity in individual hospitals fosters the achievement of Company financial targets and growth trajectory.
The role requires frequent and consistent visits to hospital sites – managing hospital leadership, teams, individuals, and clinical performance. Additionally, the Director of Operations will work with the integration team and operational coaches to on-board new practices, help develop short- and long-term objectives for newly on-boarded practices and help make the transition as smooth as possible.
Education and Experience:
- DVM or bachelor’s degree in business, operations management (or equivalent).
- 5 – 10 years of multi-site management experience required (veterinary or similar field).
- 2-5 years of experience as a leader of a management team of a rapidly growing business.
- Background in veterinary health-field and management or medical director or hospital administrator level experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Veterinary Practice Information System is a plus.
- Certified veterinary practice manager certification a plus (but not required)
- Moderate proficiency Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word and Excel) and Teams.
Can you imagine a career with us? Please submit a resume to email@example.com. To allow our team to continue to focus their time and attention on our patients and clients, please do not contact the hospital directly.